Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPloMo... or whatever

So yeah; gonna give it a shot... 1 post a day; I think I can do it.

Wanna talk about something hard though... NanowWirmo... National Novel Writing Month. You've got 30 days to pump out a 175 page / 50,000 word novel. For you math junkies, thats 1,666 words a day worth of work on a single, continuous story. Jeez that'd be hard... but the focus is just on the finish, not necessarily the "quality" of the work.

Mostly this month; I'll probably be writing about WoW (as usual)... trying to push my druid thru the drudges of the 74-77 range, so I can get him up and raid-healing. It's the one aspect of the game that I've never really touched, so it'll be fun to poke and prod my way through it.

Something else I might write about is... oddly enough... Chernobyl. I've been reading a lot about it lately; the event of, aftermath and now the dead lands ("Land of the Wolves") that surround that corner of Russia. Its just so interesting, and slightly depressing, that one man's mistake will more than likely be our "lasting impression" on future generations or species, long after humans are gone... as Pripyat and Chernobyl will continue to be radiated for the next 100,000 years. Got all of our technological evolution.. the failure of a safety check in 1986 is going to be the most persistent thing we ever manufacture (unless another meltdown of greater proportions occurs, which I hope not).

Here's a ladies blog I've been reading about over Chernobyl: http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/index.html

No comments: