Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gearing up

Yeah, so, 11 days to the wedding.. thats some crazy stuff. Whenever I proposed over a year ago, we all thought it was so far away. I mean, an october wedding with an August proposal.. it seemed like that'd never come. But it's like... I blinked, then it was february, next blink, July, next blink today. Were starting to quadruple check everything; making sure we've got the rings, that the hotel stuff is arranged, all the tuxes are done, the dress is fitted.... its exciting!

It's really weird, and almost sureal, to take a look at what all has exactly happened over the past year, let alone the past like... three. I mean, in just the past year (and like, 3 months)... I've gotten engaged, I've shopped for and bought a house, I've found a church, I've taken my personal faith and did a complete 180, Not only have I found a church but I've also started to become intimately involved with it, I've helped plan a wedding,  I've gotten roughly 2 promotions, I've seen my best friend move out of state, I've seen two tiny editions to my family, I've been involved with State-wide Credit Union IT projects... and I'm sure there's items I'm leaving out. It's been a crazy year... with some massive low points, and some unbelivable highs; but it certainly has been an amazing year. I guess whenever something big like this happens (I mean, I guess a marriage is a big thing, right? ;P  ) you like step back and see how it all transpired... but still.

I was just thinking about all of this while we went out to eat with Carlton and Trisha last night... which was a really great time. We got there at like 6:45 and ended up leaving about 10ish, it was really really nice to see them, instead of talking over a Mic ;P I hope that they eventually do move back to GA, cause it's cool to randomly be able to go out with them and catch up with'em. There was a buncha talk over the economy, racism, WAR and da' WAAAAAAGH, moving, AZ vs. GA, Jodi & Jason, the Wedding, work, T2K.... it was a really fun time. 


New branch opens in 9 minutes (finishing this post at 8:51)... here goes nothin!


3 comments:

Jillian said...

It's definitely gone by in a hurry~! I cannot wait =) I love you!

cindy glawson said...

Sounds like a quick trip. I'm glad I was along for the ride.

Pat said...

Life is constant change...your faith will keep you secure! We are so proud of you!!!